Phase 1_2018_ Exploring permafrost occurence in the investigated sites (part I) and evaluation of rock glacier dynamics (part I)
• Selecting the sites for observations and measurements;
• Installing the data-loggers for ground surface temperature monitoring;
• Geophysical measurements and data processing (part I);
• Measurements of the temperature of the springs;
• UAV photogrammetry, SfM and topographic DGPS measurements (part I).
Phase 2_2019_ Exploring permafrost occurence in the investigated sites (part II) analysis of the thermal regime of rock glaciers and evaluation of rock glacier dynamics (part II).
• BTS measurements and spatial data analysis
• Geophysical measurements and data processing (part II)
• Thermal data processing and analysis (mean annual temperature - MAGST, mean values from BTS window, evolution of GST, freezing index).
• Evaluating the cooling effects of coarse blocks (e.g. winter convection, chimney effect, low thermal conductivity)
• Statistical analysis of the topo-climatic factors influencing the thermal regime of rock glaciers (GST)
• UAV photogrammetry, SfM, topographic DGPS measurements (part II).
• Tree rings analysis from Juniperus samples (dendrochronology approach).
• Analysis of rock glacier dynamics based on UAV photogrammetry, SfM and topographic DGPS measurements
Phase 3_2020_ Palaeoenvironmental significance of rock glaciers.
• Statistical analysis of the environmental factors influencing rock glaciers distribution and characteristics.
• Relative age dating of rock glaciers.
• Analysis of the permafrost evolution in Rila and Pirin Mountains since LGM.